What We Believe
- We believe the Bible is the inspired, inerrant Word of God, and it is our authority in matters of faith and Christian conduct. We believe there is one, true God who exists in three persons- the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. We hold that they are equal but are distinctly different in their work.
- We believe God, the Father, is perfect in holiness, wisdom, power and love. We believe that He is the originator of all Creation, and that He saves those who come to Him through Jesus Christ.
- We believe Jesus Christ is God’s only begotten Son, conceived by the Holy Spirit, and was born of a virgin. We believe Jesus Christ is the Lamb of God who died as our substitute. He is the only way to be saved. We believe he died, rose again, returned to heaven, and will come again one day.
- We believe the Holy Spirit is the third person of the Godhead who came to convict the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment. He came to indwell, enable, and empower all who believe in Jesus Christ and is their teacher and guide. We believe He continues to move in the church and believers through spiritual gifts.
- We believe the Church is a living spiritual body of which Christ is the head, and every born-again person is a member. We believe there is a local church which joins together for worship and fellowship. We believe the Church is responsible to promulgate the Gospel of Jesus Christ and to win a lost world to faith in Christ.
- We believe that there are two ordinances the Church should observe. The first is believer’s baptism that follows one’s acceptance of Christ as personal Savior and Lord, and we believe this is done by immersion. The second is The Lord’s Supper which, we believe, was instituted by Jesus himself to commemorate his death when He said, “This do in remembrance of me.”
- We believe that Christ will literally return one day to earth to establish His Kingdom. We believe that those who are dead will be resurrected, and we will meet Him in the air to live forever. Those who are not believers will be eternally separated from Him in the “lake that burns with fire.”